bRPC is an open source high performance industrial-grade Remote Procedure Call(RPC) framework, with 1,000,000+ instances(not counting clients) and thousands kinds of services.
You can use it to:
- restful http/https, h2/gRPC. using http/h2 in brpc is much more friendly than libcurl. Access protobuf-based protocols with HTTP/h2+json, probably from another language.
- redis and memcached, thread-safe, more friendly and performant than the official clients.
- rtmp/flv/hls, for building streaming services.
- hadoop_rpc (may be opensourced)
- rdma support (will be opensourced)
- thrift support, thread-safe, more friendly and performant than the official clients.
- all sorts of protocols used in Baidu: baidu_std, streaming_rpc, hulu_pbrpc, sofa_pbrpc, nova_pbrpc, public_pbrpc, ubrpc and nshead-based ones.
- Build HA distributed services using an industrial-grade implementation of RAFT consensus algorithm which is opensourced at braft